Changes to This Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “last updated” date above. If there are material changes to this Policy and you have an active account with us, we will notify you more directly. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use any of Services to understand how your personal information is used.
We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Services. We may also supplement this information with information from third parties. We collect two general types of information, namely personal information and aggregate data. As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name and email address) and demographic and other information when directly linked to information that can identify an individual.
Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate data”. Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, the aggregate data has been de-identified so that no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Services. We only de-identify and aggregate your PHI with your written authorization.
The following are the specific types of information we collect from you.
We collect information you give us through our Services and when you register for and use our Services and information that you authorize others to give to us. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use our Services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including: your name and email address, telephone number, date of birth, and Provider name;, and other profile information you provide or that you have others provide to us; demographic information; and information you upload like, files, and documents.
- Payment Information. We do not maintain your credit card information and transmit such credit card information via tokenization for security purposes to our payment processing vendors.
- Submissions and PayGround Service. From time to time we may use surveys, requesting personal or demographic information and customer feedback.
We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Services. For example, it is standard for your web browser to automatically send information to every web site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
Use of Personal Information.
In general, we use your personal information to provide the Services, process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you to the extent permissible under applicable law, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Services, and to otherwise serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize, and improve our Services;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from PayGround or our service or marketing partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Services, to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints, to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service, to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development, and to inform you of updates to products and services from PayGround that better meet your needs;
- to enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with medical providers and other third parties you designate; and
- for other purposes about which we notify you.
Sharing of Personal Information.
PayGround reserves the right to share aggregated information about our customers, sales, and traffic to our partners and advertisers to the extent permitted by law. We may disclose personal information to a third party:
- To provide the Services to you, including by providing personal information to any third parties (such as cloud services providers and ) who we may partner with to provide the Services;
- To comply with laws or respond to lawful requests and legal process, including national security requirements;
- In the good faith belief that disclosure is needed to respond to an emergency or protect the personal safety of any person;
This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate data to the extent permitted by law, and we may share aggregate data about you and our users with third parties for various purposes in perpetuity, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our Services, to provide new Services and for advertising and marketing purposes.
HIPAA and Protected Health Information.
Network and Information Security.
We take reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any -collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information. You will be notified in the event of a breach of your PHI or other personal information.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it and in compliance with applicable laws such as HIPAA. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Updating and Accessing Personal Information.
If your personal information changes in any way, you must correct or update your information as soon as possible. You can make updates to your profile information by logging into your account on the Service at any time. You can also request changes or access to your information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may send you communications or data regarding our Services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of our Services, including any notices concerning data breach or violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our Services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing email@example.com with your specific request. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages such as security alerts and notices about your current account and Services.
Any questions about this Policy should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org